Child Custody Relocation Legal Services

Would You Like to Move With Your Child? Does the Other Parent Want to Move With Your Child? Find Out What Your Rights Are.

If you are looking to move your children out of the Phoenix metro area or out of state, then you are looking at relocation. Sometimes, the other parent agrees to the move, but not always. Moving a signification distance with your children can be complicated and if done incorrectly could cause serious consequences. Our firm is experienced in helping families relocate to other cities or even states. Contact us to discuss the necessary steps and how to best present your case.

Call Burggraff Tash Levy at 480-307-6800 or use our online form to schedule your consultation.

Contact us today and schedule your, low cost, no pressure consultation with an experienced family law attorney.

Can You Move Out of State with Your Child?

The quick answer – it depends.

 Moving out of state with your child, known as Relocation, can be difficult depending on the reasons you are moving and the other parent’s involvement in the child’s life. Each case presents its own issues and you should seek the guidance of an experienced family law attorney to guide you through the process.

What Custody Laws Regulate Moving Out of State with a Child?

Generally, A.R.S. §25-408 governs moving out of state with a child. To do so requires notice to the non-moving parent. If the non-moving parent objects, you can only relocate with the minor child by agreement or court order.

 Because of Arizona’s policy that it is in a child’s best interests for each parent to have substantial, frequent, meaningful and continuing contact with their child, moving out of state with the child can be difficult. But it is not impossible, and there are many factors that can effect the Court’s decision. This can be a complicated area of family law. We recommend you consider consulting with an experienced family law attorney to ensure you are moving forward the right way.

Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Lawyer Today

Find Out What Your Rights Are

We are here to answer your questions, discuss your options, help you understand your rights, and, if we represent you in your case, our lawyers will guide you through every step of the process as efficiently as possible.

8980 E Raintree Dr #110, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 Phone: (480) 307-6800